CHECK AUTHOR'S NOTES FOR CONTENTS LIST

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

EPISODE VI -THE PHOTOGRAPHER


EPISODE V - THEY SHOOT HORSES, DON'T THEY?

Part 2.


I am writing this story in response to the anguish and/or curiosity following what happened during the telling of my story of "They Shoot Horses Don't They". I became too emotional to complete that story in class, so I left many students hanging there, with questions which they have been writing to me about. Typically, in the past, I would tell my story to a class during substitution, and much later, I would put it in written form. The fact that I have received a large number of urgent questions concerning the fate of the main characters, Esprit and M. Joseph, I will break with tradition and publish the remainder of the story first.


In the last scene of "They Shoot Horses Don't They," I described how Esprit's leg had been broken, in this horrible accident. He was being held down by this young man, myself, and several police officers; we were waiting for the SPCA to arrive. In what seemed to take forever, this man in a suit arrives carrying an old leather school bag. He looks down at Esprit and the condition of his leg and then addresses the police officer, "Il est terminé." (He is finished). He then reaches into his bag and pulls out a handgun. I immediately cry out, "No, no, please don't!" At which point, the police officer lifts me up and begins to carry me away. I struggle with all my strength, fighting him, calling out, "Let me go, let me go! Esprit!" By the time I could usher another call of Esprit's name a second time, I heard a "Bang!". I now relented, sobbing, and gulping in murmuring cry as the officer lowered me, to the ground.


The officer then began to counsel me. "I am sorry for the loss of your horse," he said. "I know how it feels." In somber quiet and total anger, I cry out, "No, you don't!" The officer responds, "I lost my horse too, six months ago." He reaches into his jacket pocket and hands me a picture of him mounted on this beautifully dressed horse in the saddle: He was a mounted officer of the Montreal, Police. As I wiped my tears, asking, "What was his name?" "Marengo," the officer replied. "He was a fine horse, which made me proud!" "What happened to him?" I asked. At that moment, another officer comes over and says, "Le propriétaire a été prise à l'Hôtel-Dieu." (The owner has been taken to Hôtel-Dieu.): The same hospital where Lucy died, I thought. The officer then tells me, "Come with me, we can talk along the way."


As I moved away from the scene, where my poor horse Esprit had left his last breath, I could see a large truck with a crane arriving; the crowd still densely surrounding his carcass. "It was the best thing for him, trust me..." .... the officer stated as we are walking towards a police cruiser. When I got into the police cruiser,  I could sense this was no ordinary car. A speaker was continuous, talking about this code and the other. The passenger side was separated from the driver side, with a wire mesh. I sat in the front next to the officer.


Sir George Etienne Cartier Monument
"My name is Constable, Jean Martineau.," he introduced himself. "What is your name?" "Elias, E..lias Leousis.", I repeated. "Are you Greek?", he asked. "Yes, I said; I was born in Ellas." "Is M. Joseph, hurt.", I added. "Yes, it seems so.", Constable Martineau replied. He went on to explain that from what little information he had received, M. Joseph and Esprit were hit by a car. They were crossing at the Sir George Etienne Cartier Monument:  

(As you can see from this modern-day Sir George Etienne Cartier Monument of the statue, today, there is a crossing at this point, with street lights. In those days, there was none! So when you needed to cross to the other side of this large boulevard, as was the case with pedestrians and especially with those carriage drivers, like M. Joseph, you risked life and limb. It was a tragedy waiting to happen!)


When we arrived at the hospital, we checked with the front desk, and we headed to room 319, on the third floor. We arrived at M. Joseph's room. He was laying there, tubes and all, with both his legs pulled up in traction. He was mildly sedated and sleeping. Constable Martineau asked me to sit in a chair in the room while he went to speak to the doctor. I sat there worried at what would happen next, seeing M. Joseph, in such a terrible condition. 

Sometime later, Constable Martineau returned and asked that we should leave for now and maybe come back tomorrow. On our way to my home, he mentioned that the doctors gave M. Joseph a 50/50 chance that he would survive because he had also suffered some internal injury, I wept. We arranged that he would pick me up the following day at seven o'clock for a visit with M. Joseph at Hôtel-Dieu Hospital. That night, it was time for me to enter the Elysium for guidance:

When I entered the Elysium, and I came before the three Judges, I needed not to speak; they were ready for me. They guided me to "The Elysian Fields," were standing there before me, was this familiar and not so familiar rider:



It was young, Alexander The Great, riding his great horse, Bucephalus: He spoke to me in a manner that lacked words but gave me pure communication:


"Για να χάσετε ένα φίλο ή έναν αδελφό έχει κανένα μέτρο? να χάσει έναν σύντροφο, όπως είναι το άλογό σας, είναι να χάσει ένα κομμάτι του εαυτού σας. Γνωρίζουν μόνο καλά, ότι το πνεύμα ζει στις Ἠλύσιον πεδίον. Ότι η ζωή μαζί σας, θνητές ανθρώπινες Eleusis, τον έχει κερδίσει πολλή σοφία και μόνο ανταμοιβή του. ". 


(To lose a friend or a brother has no measure; to lose a companion, such as your horse, is to lose a part of you. Know only too well, that Esprit lives on in the Elysian fields. That life with you, mortal human Eleusis, has earned him much wisdom and his just reward.): 

I understood.

The following day, on my way to school, I passed by Esplanade Ave and rushed to cross the street; I did not want to look across, where Esprit had been killed. The remainder of the day in school, I just gazed into space not paying much attention, thinking of M. Joseph and how he might be doing in the hospital. At about 6:30, Constable Martineau arrived, and we headed for the hospital. When we entered M. Joseph's room, he was somewhat alert, yet only faintly. He recognized me immediately and held out his hand. "Elias mon garçon, comment allez-vous? (Elias my boy, how are you?)."I am well, M. Joseph," I replied, and this is Constable Martineau. Turning to the constable, I said, "Constable Martineau, this is M. Joseph, my friend and a true military man!" at which point I saluted, M. Joseph and Constable Martineau, did likewise, standing at attention. That moment, M. Joseph's face lit up, and he smiled, saying as he had many times before, "Mon Dieu, vous allez me donner une crise cardiaque!" (My God, you are going to give me a heart attack!), he painfully laughed. When he asked about Esprit, I winked at him and said, "Trust me, he is in a good place. I have visited the Elysian Fields. Sitting on his mighty horse Bucephalus, one of the Greatest Soldiers ever, Alexander The Great, approached me, and told me so." At this point, M. Joseph, relaxed and drifted in silence. Minutes later he regained consciousness, opened his eyes and spoke to the constable: "Constable, protéger ce jeune garçon, il est un don de Dieu à l'homme genre il est ici sur une grande mission et ne doit pas être affectée avant sa mission est terminée. Il s'agit d'un bon de commande Dieu et moi!" (Constable, protect this young boy. He is God's gift to humankind. He is here on a great mission and must not be harmed before his mission is completed. This is an order from me and God!)  Constable Martineau, puzzled by the old man's request, saluted M. Joseph by saying, "Votre souhait est ma commande! " Oui, oui, oui….," M. Joseph, started whispering, closing his eyes, slowly as is he drifted into a deep sleep once again. His head collapsed, and a buzzer went off! A nurse quickly entered, looked at the machine, and asked us to please leave; M. Joseph, my mentor, had passed away!


EPISODE VI -THE PHOTOGRAPHER

M. Joseph had left instructions that he be buried in his hometown of Gaspe. I could not attend. That did not matter to me so much. I knew for certain, given his great wisdom; the three Judges would grant him time immemorial in the Elysium Fields. I smiled for a second, embarrassed somewhat from the thought. I remembered M. Joseph's request when we discussed our next "life-form challenge," according to ancient Hellenic beliefs. He wanted to return to Earth as, you guessed it, "A camel!" Like the camels, he had come to experience while he was serving in the army in the Middle East. (Mr. Leousis burst into laughter) . He wanted to be able to spit on all evil men/women, who wasted their lives in misery, being selfish, doing, and hating others. I could see him in my mind's eye, just pretending to spit as a camel does.


Constable Martineau now had become my new mentor. I would visit him at the police station or other times; he would drive over in his cruiser to pick me up from my home or school. We would drive to the top of the mountain lookout, in Mount-Royal. There, we would sit and discuss all sorts of subjects. At first, the Constable was in disbelief of what I told him about "The Light." Soon after, when I started to mention certain, "military secrets," that a boy my age would have no way of knowing, he began to trust me. He became more convinced, when I demonstrated to him, what M. Joseph and I had discovered about the effects  "The Light," had on living forms.



As Constable Martineau began to study Hellenic history about the great general Alexander the Great and his horse Bucephalus, he began to offer his hypothesis about the Light. "You know," he said one day, as we sat talking inside the cruiser. "Not only did the high priests of Egypt possess "The Light," as M. Joseph proposed, but I think that Alexander the Great also did as well. From what I have read about the history of Alexander the Great, he mastered his horse Bucephalus, by redirecting him towards the sun. I think, "The sun," interpretation of the historical text is wrong. When in fact, what it means, is that he directed the horse towards "The Light"! He used "The Light's power," to subdue the horse! Even if that were not the case, the fact that he conquered Egypt gives credence to my hypothesis. He must have been able to obtain the secrets of "The Light" from the high priests of Egypt. It is the only way one can explain his accomplishments at such a young age." With this curiosity burning in Constable Martineau, he asked me if I would agree to make a "serious test," which I did.


We drove to a pet shop on St. Lawrence Street, just below Sherbrook St. and purchased a squirrel monkey. Constable Martineau paid about 100$ for it: It was a wild and a vicious critter, which would not allow us to go near it. The pet shop owner warned us not to play with it and use "gloves only," or it could seriously tear our flesh apart. He was correct! Whenever we went near its cage, it would rattle everything and scream in maddening rage. When we tried to give it food through the wire cage, it would just grab it and pull itself in the corner. The time had come for "the test"; I was supposed to touch it!

One Saturday afternoon, Constable Martineau was off duty. He came over to my house as we had agreed. We went to the back shed where I kept, "The beast." We fed it and then Constable Martineau, putting on one of the gloves for his safety, reached in and grabbed the monkey by its waist. It screamed in rage, twisted, and turned, bitting and trying to escape his grip. Exhausted, from the fight to escape, the squirrel monkey, calmed down somewhat.

Constable Martineau then told me to extend my right index finger in front of me and to focus on the Elysium Fields. I did as he asked and started to focus. I soon felt him move the monkey so that my finger touched it. I opened my eyes: The monkey no longer resisted! 

Constable Martineau was now able to let his grip go, and the monkey just sat in the palm of his hand. When I moved to touch it, it just jumped over to my hand, and I held on. It continued to wrap its tail around my arm and calmly sit, unafraid. Constable Martineau reached for some more food and handed it to this changed personality. Calmly sitting there, the Squirrel Monkey, just ate as if he was part of the family. Constable Martineau could not believe what he had just witnessed! "My God.", he called out to me, patting me on my left shoulder. M. Joseph was right, and you were truthful with me. That is a miracle! You do have such an effect on small animals! I want us to visit a very trustworthy friend of mine, who is a professor at McGill University. He must see this."

The following day, Sunday, he had arranged that we meet Professor, Val Logsdon Hctif. Prof. Hctif took me under his care and had me come to his physics lab, on many occasions. During such visits, he would hook me up to various electronics, with wires clipped to my fingertips and other attachments to my head. In each case, when I meditated, he would call out, "Amazing! I don't believe the readings. I don't believe what I see." One of the tests he had me participate in was to use what he called "the amplifier." I would hold on to this cable, and it would fire a sudden burst of light at several animals he had brought into the lab. Apparently, in all cases, that one burst of light would affect all animals at once! He wondered aloud how this would affect humans.

One day, he had me come into this classroom, which was what he called an amphitheater. He gave me "the cable," to hold, while he fired a burst of "The Light," at all attending. He told his students that it was a class picture. Then, he had each student answer a series of questions about how they felt about life and other subjects. Apparently, he had given them the same survey a few days earlier before he took "that picture." According to what I heard, Professor Hctif told Constable Martineau, the scores were off the charts, in what he called Socio-cultural value systems. They both now faced a moral and ethical dilemma, which they discussed endlessly:

The main concern they had was if it was ethically right for them to use me in these experiments.  As crucial in their discussions was the ethical concern using my energy Light Source to influence other people, without their consent. Of most concern was my safety. Exposing the secrets of my powers to the outside world, would certainly, put me in grave danger. In the end, they agreed that this was not something they should take likely. They reasoned that perhaps, my having been given this gift, meant that I was also given the know-how as to when to use it. They decided to end all further experiments and just let me be a kid...." for the time being."

Constable Martineau thought much about my predicament. He rationalized that based on my history and the events which took place, perhaps the best use of my gift was to help young children in need. As a member of the Montreal, Police Philanthropic Foundation, he decided to have us visit, once a month, the Montreal Children's Hospital


.

Each third Saturday, of every month, Constable Martineau would dress up as a clown, and I dressed as his assistant.

 We would visit the wards of the Hospital, bringing cheer and happiness to the children.
 
Professor Hctif, on the other hand, through his contacts at McGill University's Health Center, would identify one or two children, which could be helped by my powers. We needed to be very careful, so when I cured a child, it would not be obvious to children, doctors, and other staff at the hospital. That is why I would never attend to a patient when they were alone unless we had visited that child in a group setting with other children. In this way, there would be no association or connection made with me having touched a specific child only. The experience that I had with these young "pure hearts," was exceedingly gratifying to me as well.

Each time I entered the Elysium, standing before the three Judges, the path before me would be opened for my "just reward." I could feel my spirit fully energized on each return, craving for more good deeds.
MR LEOUSIS, RECOGNIZED BY HOSPITAL FOR SICK KIDS

Saving young children who had become critically ill, through no fault of their own, is the greatest reward anyone can experience. Looking back to those, "enlightened times," I only wish, I could have done more.  I realized from these experiences, and after speaking to many of those children, that living came at a price. You were given Life's energy when you were born and told to spend it wisely: ( "Wisely," young people, might want to share this video with their parents.)


Many fools would spend life's energy trying to outdo others in "accumulated wealth." They would deny themselves life's experiences in order to accumulate more while doing less. Others like my mentor, Constable Martineau, sacrificed everything, including putting his life on the line, to help make our world a better place. He enlightened me on the right path. He was one of my signposts (my life's coach)  directing me to the path of wisdom.  It was as if the Judges of the Elysium, had sent him to show me the path: The way to humility, empathy, and care for others. I knew that "The Judges" were not there to Judge me per se,  but to aid me in appreciating that above all, the path to the supreme creator, both visible and invisible, known and unknown,  was through many journeys of life. For each step, turning the experience into wisdom was the way. (See my Avvaz story).


Three years had passed since I met up with Constable Martineau and Prof. Hctif. With each accomplishment, in helping young children, they became more emboldened. They began to question their earlier decision about using such powers. They felt "energy kept" and not used for the betterment of others, was energy wasted. After listening attentively to my description of my visits to the Elysium Fields, Prof. Hctif, one day declared: "God did not put us here to fall asleep and worship but for us to take an active role in life. To "live life" by admiring the wonders and beauty of this garden. Like all other living things, "turning the soil of life," so that other living things can flourish and grow in the sunlight of existence." He was a true philosopher, although I did not quite understand all of what he said at the time. All I knew was whenever Professor Hctif made such bold philosophical declarations; he would follow it up with action. When I was cautioned in the Elysium about helping my friend Carl, Prof. Hctif and Constable Martineau, realized that in most instances, I would be guided accordingly by the Judges of the Elysium, if I was exceeding my bounds.


Now, aged seventeen, my father had me accompanying him, most weekends to the churches, where he would take pictures of baptisms and weddings. It was my job to be his assistant, and carry his equipment around, supply him with film when he asked. I would also help with setting up the group shots, among other tasks. Before long, he purchased a camera for me, a Rollei Flex-T. I was going to be his backup. I became very interested in photography, mostly because it allowed me to earn some money. However, I hated the fact that I had to spend almost each, and every weekend doing this. It meant I could not accompany Constable Martineau, on his treks to the Montreal Children's Hospital. One Sunday afternoon, Constable Martineau, dropped by the church on St. Catherine, to watch me shoot a baptism. My father had a wedding to handle that day, so he had my work solo. After the baptism, Constable Martineau asked me if I had anything more to do and if I would not mind dropping by to see Professor Hctif.


When we arrived at Professor Hctif's lab, he was excited to see me. He asked to see my photography suitcase and looked inside; then with a "Haha!", took out my camera and flash. He gazed at the flash, turned it upside down and sideways, each time humming, "Yes, that would be the way." He then started by saying...


"Elias, do you remember three years ago, when we first met," "Sure do.", I said with a smile. "Well, do you remember that test I did in the amphitheater with my student audience? You mean the picture you took using the Light, I responded? "Well, I have been working on  a miniature amplifier for these many years, and here it is." He reached out to a side drawer of his desk and brought out a small black cylinder."Perfect," he called out. "I can mount the flash on it, and no one will know the difference!" "I am not quite sure what you are saying.", asked Constable Martineau: "Me too.", I noted.


"Well.", Professor Hctif went on to say. "Not only have I been working on this amplifier to increase your "Light potential.", but I have also been following these twenty-five young people on which we fired the flash. I had informed these students that I would like to have them answer a questionnaire each year, over the years as they went through McGill University. "You told others about Elias?" Constable Martineau asks in a tensed up way. "Non, non, Jean.", that would be placing Elias at great risk!" What I told the students was that I would be conducting a "longitudinal study" to see how different methodologies of teaching the same course, to three different groups of students, affecting their success in their study of physics. Over the years, this study revealed amazing results. All students who had been exposed to the Light showed a remarkable awareness of their environment. Students became involved in all aspects of campus life, encouraging others to set high standards of achievement, not only academically but socially as well. McGill Campus has become more vibrant, "You can see it around you"... (Professor Hctif emphasized.). Here have a look at these charts. Look at individual, organizational, institutional, societal, and cultural values; all went off the grid!"


I could see Professor Hctif's having gone into his "philosopher's mode", pointing out to this and the other lists and charts but I quite couldn't appreciate what he was going to do with the amplifier until Constable Martineau, proclaimed. "I see what you are leading to prof.", he called out. They both turned to my puzzled gaze, and Professor Hctif continued:


"You see son, thus far, you and Constable Martineau, have been focusing on helping one person at a time, the Children at Montreal Children's Hospital. Moreover, since your father has now had you work with him on weekends, you have not had many opportunities to visit the hospital with the Constable as often as you did earlier. What would be worthy, if you agree, of course, is for you to use the amplifier when you take pictures at the churches. When so-called "miracles" do take place, the people will think that it is a "religious" experience. "I don't know I responded, can I consult with the Judges tonight?" I would expect anything less.", said Professor Hctif: That night, I entered the Elysium and went before "the Judges." I could see a beam of light piercing my thoughts with the following message:


 " «Εγώ », δημιουργήθηκα από τη σκέψη των Θεών και «Aυτών», την επιθυμία να επιτραπεί σε όλους τους θνητούς να γνωρίζουμε ότι , «Αυτοί » είναι πάντα μαζί τους . Καθώς η ανθρωπότητα αναπτύσσεται και αναζητά την απόλυτη ανεξαρτησία από "Aυτούς" , "Aυτοί" , θα παραμείνει στο πλευρό τους , καθοδηγώντας τους και την παραπομπή τους , στην ανάπτυξή τους στο απόλυτο «Σοφία» , το δρόμο για την « ουσία τους » . Όπως θα δούμε πέρα από το σήμερα στους ουρανούς . «Εγώ» θα είναι εκεί , καθοδηγώντας σας και βοηθώντας σας να ξέρετε ότι , «Εγώ» , να είναι ορατό ή αόρατο , «Ουσία μου» , θα σας καθοδηγήσει πέρα από όλα αυτά γίνεται αισθητή στην πραγματικότητά σας . Έτσι ας γίνει τώρα αποκαλυφθεί σε σας, ότι και οι δύο «Εγώ» και «Αυτός» , στο θνητό ον , που μιλάει μέσα από τις σκέψεις των παιδιών δεν είναι παρά ένα . "

" "I", was created by the thought of Gods and "Their", desire to allow all mortals to know that, "They", are always with them: As humankind grows and seeks absolute independence from "Them", "They", will remain by their side, guiding them and directing them, in their growth to absolute "WISDOM", the way to "Their Essence" and the Elysium Fields. As you look out beyond the now, into the heavens, "I", will be there, guiding you and helping you know that, "I", be visible or invisible, "My Essence", will guide you beyond all what is sensed in your reality. So let it be now revealed to you, that both "I" and "He", in mortal being, who speaks to you through the thoughts of children are but one. "


I was able to recite word for word of that message the next day when we met at Professor Hctif's lab: Both he and Constable Martineau, went silent for a while when they heard me recite it. A few minutes later, Professor Hctif continued. "I think I now, understand why the effects of the "The Light," which Elias emits, has a greater impact on the smaller things. It's not the mass of the animal that is important but the age of the animal. I bet you, Elias will have the most significant impact, for instance, with young children when shooting baptisms than weddings where mostly adults congregate. Although I don't know if bombarding a young female, who potentially will have a child in the near future, might have an even more significant impact. Only time will tell." He then turns to me and says: "Elias, you young man, are blessed beyond imagination. Your mission in life is quite clear; to spread "The Light" of wisdom to humankind. Be careful and listen to "the Light," you have nothing to fear. What I have created here, through this amplifier, will give you the ability to do the greatest good to the largest number of people; I hope you decide to use this in your mission." The following weekend, I was at the church as I would be for many years to come, shooting pictures, being "The Photographer.", spreading, "The Light."



By Elias Leousis,
(Η αγάπη είναι το μελάνι, η σοφία είναι το μήνυμα.) 
Love is the ink, wisdom is the message!




CLICK HERE TO RETURN TO THE MAIN PAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.
"May The Light shine bright on your journey of life."